Sunday, January 22, 2012

WEEK 4 - Day 22, Sunday

What a gorgeous day today!  Still a little snow and kind of damp, so I couldn't go for a walk, but I did go for a drive up to Woodend, which is a Niagara Nature Conservation Area near Niagara College NOTL campus.

I was just about to pull in to the parking lot when I spotted a beautiful big Red Tail sitting in a tree beside the road.  I got a chance to watch him and his mate for quite some time, even hear them calling to each other.  It was so inspiring!  Of course I quickly put on my long lens (a 70-300 mm Nikkor zoom) and the pair was good enough to pose for me a few minutes.  They were still far away, but I managed to get some shots.

Afterwards, back home, the bright sun was filling the kitchen, so I got out some of the things from another hobby - cross stitch.  What a great subject for my 50 mm prime and an extension tube!

For prints of these or any of my images, please order through my website www.arianasart.com










No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your comments! Simply post below.