Saturday, January 28, 2012

Day 28 - Saturday

I've been yearning to get outside to do some landscapes, but the weather is miserable today.  Rain, snow, rain, snow, and then more rain.  Ugh!
What I did have was some finchy visitors at my feeder.  The goldfinch males are definitely starting to turn colour - a first sign of spring for sure!  I've had the finches as regular visitors, and I'm even starting to be able to tell individuals apart.  The males in particular have some pattern of black right around the beak.
Goldfinch male in changing plumage

Goldfinch Female


Goldfinch female not very happy at having to wait her turn at the feeder.
Goldfinch Male in changing plumage

House Finch Male

House Finch Male


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your comments! Simply post below.