Tuesday, January 17, 2012

WEEK 3, Day 15, Sunday

Another Sunday, and a brilliant sun plays among fluffy white clouds.  The temperature is quite mild for January, too, but the wind blowing across the snow on the ground makes it quite chilly, at least to me.  A beautiful day for a drive!

Near Short Hills Provincial Park, this barn has long tempted me to stop and shoot.  It's not a good spot to stop though, and there's no place to safely pull over.  Today there was no traffic, so I just stopped and got a couple of shots out the window with my 70-300mm zoom lens.  Not bad, but I will look for a better opportunity another day.


Back home, and this little female downy woodpecker enjoys a good feed at my seed bell, which hangs outside my kitchen window.  Downies are small, not much bigger than a house sparrow, but they can be quite assertive.  I've seen them chasing other birds, even blue jays, away from the bell when they are feeding!  They look quite comical, chasing the other birds around, leading with that strong sharp beak.  The other birds just fly away, of course!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your comments! Simply post below.