Friday, January 13, 2012

Day 1, Monday HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I have been studying various sources to improve my photography for a couple of years now, and I found the concept of a "365 Project" to be very fascinating.  That's where a photographer commits to taking at least one decent, presentable shot every day.  Everyone who has done one as said how satisfying it is, and how much they have learned and grown.  This is going to be all about the photos, so I hope you will come along on my Photo Journey with me!

Today is January 13, but I have been faithful with the photography, and lots of my photos can be seen on my Flickr stream at www.flickr.com/arianasart.  You'll find the 365 Project folder on the front page.  So now I am catching up on the Blogging part.

SUNDAY:  Happy new year, everyone!  Here are my first photos with my new lens - a Nikkor f1/8 50 mm prime.  I just love it!  These were taken with that plus an extension tube.  The light was a little dim daylight coming in window, plus a $8 clip-on reading lamp from Walmart.  Necessity is the mother of invention!

Lily of Light.  To order a print, click this link.

 This one is the same bunch of lilies.  A friend gave me a gorgeous bouquet for Christmas.  The holidays are so busy (plus I was laid up with a bad cold - ugh!) I didn't get a chance to photograph them until they were past their prime but that's okay.  I find that flowers that are a little faded are very visually interesting, with rich textures and colour variations.  What do you think?

Faded Lilies.  To order a print, click this link.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your comments! Simply post below.