Sunday, February 12, 2012

WEEK 7 - Day 43, Sunday

The world is snowy again, with four or five inches of fresh snow falling yesterday.  The sparrows and juncos were eager for their birdseed this morning, with a half a dozen mourning doves also waiting in the wings (no pun intended!).  It was bitterly cold and very windy, with heavy cloud.  Not a nice day to be outside!

I had an errand in Hamlton, and by the time I got there, the wind had abated somewhat, so I took a few minutes to stop at the harbour to see what ducks were there.  I added several species to my Year List!  Lesser scaup and redheads abounded, and there were many mallards, as well, plus a beautiful pair of mute swans.  The photographic details were very difficult, with a dull grey sky, biting cold numbing my fingers, and the diffuse light being scattered and reflected by the wind-tossed water.  



Female mallard

Mute swans - with a little bit different kind of post-processing treatment.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your comments! Simply post below.