Sunday, February 19, 2012

Lessons Learned


Fifty days in, and I'm loving my 365 project!  I've learned so much already, so I thought I would share a little of what this project has taught me.
1.  Work flow - an issue I've struggled with for a long time.  Having to work through  sometimes dozens of photos every day has helped me to trim it down and streamline the process so that I can do it quickly, efficiently, and get a finished product that I can post on Flickr, my blog, my stock photo site, FB, or send to a printer.  Saves me hours!
2.  Culling - With so many pictures, I've learned to pick out the better ones in a series quickly.  I also don't suffer twinges of regret any more when I delete the culls.
3.  Time management - I have had to juggle my schedule quite a bit, and kicked myself when I leave my shooting till after supper.  It can take up to four hours to shoot, process and post.  Now I do it earlier in the day, and with milder weather and that dratted cold gone, I've been able to get outside a lot more.  Tabletop shooting is a lot of fun, though.  I have some things in mind when the weather is bad.
4.  Motivation -  One of the reasons that I wanted to do a 365 was to motivate me to get more exercise on my road to improved health.  That was stalled for a while with that unshakeable cough and then very cold weather, but now I'm feeling great, eating healthier, and I'm out almost every day for a good long walk.  Just because I take my camera with me doesn't mean it's not good exercise!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your comments! Simply post below.