Thursday, March 22, 2012

Day 82, Thursday

Another gorgeous day, another walk in the woods.  This time I went to a very small out-of-the-way place with a winding, root-crossed path that hugged the shore of Lake Ontario.  It was very calm, and there was barely a ripple on the water, making it easy to spot the few ducks that were there.  I did make a marvelous discovery - 2 new additions to my Life List!  I'm thrilled!  There was a Green-Winged Teal, and a Blue-Winged Teal, swimming together with a female that I believe was a green-winged.  There was a pair of kingfishers, zooming about and chattering incessantly - maybe some kind of mating ritual?  I also saw lots of the "usual suspects", robins, song sparrows, blue jays and ring bill gulls.  















No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to read your comments! Simply post below.